Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Bucket List

  One week from today I will check off another one of my bucket list items and attempt the second hardest thing I have ever done.. Raising children being the first.. I completed my first half marathon back in February and compared that to be a close second to actual child birth.. Ha Ha..  So this being twice the distance, with elevation and heat added in I am very conscious of making sure I am training for ALL facets of this trip.  Long walks 7+ miles long, lots of stair stepper, staying outside all day, finding something to do to force myself mentally to keep going even when I'm tired..  We'll see..
  This adventure creates lots of mixed emotions for me personally..

  • I look forward to feeling small in the open space and being reminded of how insignificant our problems really are.. 
  • I have always considered myself a strong person and continuously feel the need to prove that over and over to myself.. Gonna do some soul searching on that one for this trip... 
  • Its rare in our lives that we are able to be alone and not responsible for anyone else's needs/wants/desires.. Lisa and I are a great fit because we are both so independent and reliable yet, are able to look out for one another mutually for food/hydration more as a check in than incompetency. 

No comments:

Post a Comment